Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Desmos Art

 This project involved graphing polar
equations. It could have not been done without using the calculator on Desmos.com. This website has many functions and equations that you can use to create graphs.




While using the graphing calculator, I created the image to the right using the r=asinbtheta equation. All I did was plug in a couple numbers for the a and b values and it came up with this. The secondary orange color is from when I plugged in the same equation but used different numbers for it.

When we were using the calculator I found out how to make Limacon graphs and I now know how to make the "Spiral of Archimedes". Limacon graphs are created by using the a+bcostheta equation. The "Spiral of Archimedes" is graphed using the r=theta function.



I created the graph to the right using every single polar graph equation that I have learned on this project. The Desmos.com calculator has helped me learn how to make polar graphs. Using the r=asinbtheta, limacon, and "Spiral of Archimedes" equations i created the piece of art to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment